Ingredients (serves 2 as a main or 4 as a side dish):
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 tin chickpeas or 250g cooked chickpeas with cooking water or water from tin
- 1 tin of line caught tuna in spring water (optional)
- juice of 1 lime
- 50g sea aster
- 2 or 3 fennel tops chopped
- 50g spring onions roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon each ground coriander seeds, ground cumin, turmeric and chilli powder
- ½ inch piece ginger, grated
- pea flowers
- sea salt to taste.
1. Drain chick peas and set water aside.
2. Pick leaves off sea aster stems and chop the stems.
3. Heat oil on medium heat in a large sauce pan and fry onions and aster stems for one minute.
4. Add chickpeas and tuna, plus water from both and all spices.
5. Turn up to reduce down to sauce consistency then stir in aster leaves and serve garnished with pea flowers.